Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Few Greats

Over the next little while I will be dedicating a some blog posts to highlight a few inspiring and innovative educational blogs I have come across by educators around the world.

I hope by sharing these, you can learn something from them, gather resources that may be helpful and/or be inspired yourself by them as I have been.

Enjoy.

To begin I would like to acknowledge the blog: http://pipedreams-education.ca/

This blog by Zoe Branigan-Pipe is awe-inspiring and such an amazing example of what educators are doing in the world today.

This past year, I had the privilege of being a student in Zoe's technology class at Brock University as well as having her as a cohort leader for my B.Ed.  Zoe's passion for education and technology and her amalgamation of the two has been so motivating for me as well as eye-opening.

The teaching and learning dynamic in the 21st century is changing.  Never before has social media, mobile devices, Smart technology and online software/programming been thought of as being educational.  The students of today are learning with these tools at an exponential rate and as teachers, we need to learn how to use these tools in pedagogical practice to reach our students.



I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to learn from Zoe this year and to have learned so much from her .  As you will see from her blog, she is on top of the changes happening in education and provides countless resources to other people, information and ideas for educators.  

Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment