Thursday, March 29, 2012

Masterpieces

I hosted a March Break Art Camp this year at my studio, and it was a really great experience for me and the students that participated. I think that everyone who came had a good time and learned some pretty cool things about some pretty cool artists throughout the week.

One of the things I love about teaching art is that I get just as excited about what the kids create as they do! Watching their smiles and engagement in their creating is so amazing, it keeps me motivated to do what I do.

I think that through creating we can fuel that part of us that connects our minds and bodies to one another and that there is nothing else quite like it.  Through the catalyst of creativity, our imagination opens up, and thoughts and feelings that perhaps lay dorment are let out through art making.  It is really something spectacular to watch with kids, they have so much to get out!  Awesome.      

So, here are some of the wonderful things my students created over the March Break. I am sure the influences from the great artists that we learned about are recognizable.   :)









No comments:

Post a Comment