Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Digital Teaching and Pedagogical Reform

Here I am in 2011 welcoming myself to the 21st Century of learning and teaching. No worries though, I know, I am 10 years late…. I will try my best to catch up.

The past few months have been so informative for me and frightfully awakening. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I was living my life up until recently, totally ignorant to the vast sea of learning literally at my fingertips! I am glad to have “come aboard” the information train, so to speak, and there is no turning back!

Looking forward to continuing the development of my TK (Technological Knowledge) and sharing/collaborating with other educators.
One of the many things I have been introduced to (of late) is: Web Quests. This is an AMAZING resource data base and a pivotal example of collaborative learning/teaching resources available to teachers. We are so lucky to have amazing educators all over the world working together to create quality lessons for students of all ages.

Specifically I was drawn to a lesson on Cultural Identity: Making Masks. This lesson incorporates cross-curricular expectations, fosters creativity and creates cultural awareness in students. I am looking forward to incorporating this lesson into a social studies/visual arts/drama activity for my students.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:
http://questgarden.com/102/05/4/101210195852/t-index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment